24 February 2011

If I was a dwarf, you KNOW what my name would be.

When I started blogging again for the second time, I was on a roll.  Seriously, posting on two blogs everyday, going around like mad reading everything I could click on and having a fabulous time.  I thought for a while that maybe I would be okay without the medication, getting a little less sleep.  Silly me.

You've probably all noticed, at least the ones who were keeping up with me regularly, that since my bestie left in January, I've been more often than not....missing.  I finally figured out part of what the problem was.  I don't do well when I'm overwhelmed.  I came back when there was still a lot going on in my life, and immediately tried to get right back into blogging the way I'd been going before.  Well, obviously I wasn't quite ready for that.  I read a LOT trying to catch up, and after a day or two I just felt defeated.  Like I'd never catch up.  I wanted to pick up on my novel, to spend more time with my daughter, to get some things done around the house, and a million other things, and at the end of the day, I just couldn't manage it all.  The sleeping thing is kicking my rear end right now, STILL, I can't seem to get caught up, so I'm always tired and sneaking up the stairs for a quick nap which turns into three of four hours.  Ugh.

I'm still here.  I'm going to try to manage this differently now, maybe post every other day or something, until I can get back into the swing of things.  So many wonderful people have given me awards and I swear I haven't forgotten you, I just.....bleh.....I got overwhelmed with what I felt like I NEEDED to do and then defeated so I stepped away again.  I'm not going to apologize because I've been spending time with my kiddo, and the hubs and it's been great.  There have been nights we've all sat on the couch together and watched HOURS of television together which we NEVER do.

I've also started crocheting again, with Kitty no less.  Yep, we both decided to do something fun and that's what we chose.  We're having a blast with it.

The BEST news of all though........you ready?

My disability was approved.  I get my retroactive payment on Friday and start getting regular monthly benefits next month.  I'm finally vindicated.  Finally, I don't have to feel guilty because I can't stay awake long enough to work a regular job, or guilty because I can't make it through the day without a nap or three.  Does it help any other way?  Other than financially I mean?  Not really, I still feel like I'm getting about a quarter of the life that other people get, I still feel like I miss SO much that life has to offer, and I still get frustrated because without the medications that no longer help, my focus is for shit.  I start cleaning the kitchen and before I'm even a quarter done, I've seen something else somewhere and I'm going gung ho to do that.  Needless to say my entire house is about one quarter clean, and unfortunately, that quarter is scattered throughout the whole thing.

I'm thrilled though honestly.  To think that we can make our house payment every month, can buy groceries and pay the bills is just.....well there aren't really words.  After pulling miracles out of my butt for five years, finally the tunnel has come to an end and I'm basking in the light.

So I guess for now I'll leave it at that, you know why I've been lagging, how come I haven't been myself, and maybe, just maybe now that the stress has lessened, it'll be easier to be more myself than I have been lately.  I miss you guys SO much, I miss writing here, and hopefully, I can kick myself into gear and get back to normal now, or soon anyway.  Wish me luck!


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the SSDI coming through. I am still going through the process, but I feel more hopeful now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we can be grateful, for seemingly small gifts in life, well, that's a very good thing!

    Keeping up with a daily schedule, health and blogging is consuming; think I've said that before. Slap me if I'm repeating myself...just not too hard, please, I've had a rough week, lol.

    Donna, do what you can when you can. Those loyal to your blog will be here waiting to read your wonderful posts. I'm happy that your Disability came through, that has to be a lot of pressure removed from your life.

    We all have focus-issues; I need notes to find the notes I wrote to help me remember whatever it was I needed to do.

    Get the rest that you need and post when you can!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the chin up, girl friend! It's all falling in place...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're back. I can't imagine how frustrating that is. i don't have your health issue and I still feel like i need a nap to get through the day. Everything that goes into being mom and wife (and blogger)..I'm sure it's overwhelming. But -yay- for the monthly check!!! Try to enjoy it. DO what you can do and be happy in the time you do get to have w/hubby and daughter. And don't apologize for not getting all the blogging stuff done. You're doing amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna it's the most refreshing and happy feeling when I see a new post by you. I know you're out there and have been going through a tough time, so I know that you're pulling through when I see you here :) I'm so thrilled to hear about the disability going through. I know how stressful you've been. It's also so comforting to know that you have been able to spend time with your family. I love that about you Donna! I love you!

    xoxo
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. well now I'm going to follow both of your blogs :)

    Can't wait to read ALL your stories!

    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Love you guys SO much!

    ReplyDelete

Make a Mama Kitty happy today! Say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...