The Life is Good Award!
What better way to wake up than with a beautiful award! The lovely, talented and oh so sweet AubrieAnne at Who's Your Editor? decided to pass this award along to me and wow, girlie you have no idea how happy you made me! Wow, now I've gotta do some serious thinking!
Here are the things you have to do when you get this award:
1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award.
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
Well in my usual subtle fashion I'll say that I don't get the whole blogging anonymously thing. I know a few people who do, and I understand THEIR reasons, and I guess others have reasons as well, but I'm way too something or other to do all this hard work anonymously, even though it is fun. Besides I like sharing about my life and the trials and joys in my little slice of heaven, showing off my Kitty princess and even telling on the hubs!
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Wow, just one? Or maybe I don't have to answer this one at all since I have no "inner" stubborn side. All my sides are stubborn. Probably the biggest one that comes to mind was playing soccer when I was about 13? I was 5'4" and weighed about 90 pounds soaking wet. The team we played against had this guy (Eric, whom I later worked with and adored) and even as a kid he was ginormous. 6'6" inches tall and probably at least 230 pounds. He had the ball. I wanted the ball. He thought I'd back down. I woke up on the sidelines looking up at the sky.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
For a long time I saw every single imperfection. Some days I still do, but not often thankfully. Now I see a woman who has lived life pretty much on her own terms, who has been through hell and back and wears the tee shirt with pride. Someone who finally after over a quarter century learned to love herself and be comfortable in her own skin.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Definitely iced tea. That's my all around fave drink ever actually.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Wow, I'm guessing sleep isn't an answer, or not a fun one anyway, although usually that's the answer. Active things? I love to write, read, and work in the yard. My Mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and I told her mulch. She didn't get it, cuz she's tired of getting it for me every year instead of something she actually likes to buy :)
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
Honestly, I think if you're not dead, there are always things you want to do. I want to have a book published. I'd love to see Three Days Grace in concert and meet Adam Gontier (drooooooool) I want to build a house exactly like I want it and spend the rest of my life making it mine. I want to go base jumping at the Cave of Swallows, skydive and bungee jump, go parasailing and snowboarding, scuba diving and race dirtbikes, among other extreme sports :) I wanna see the world and be there the day doctors discover how to make my Mom see again. I want to see my daughter graduate from college and begin her life because I know she's going to be great at it. I want to do one majorly spectacular thing that will help either a group of people or a cause that will make news and get me arrested.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
Oh wow, this is going to come as a surprise to all of you. I was shy. Painfully so. I still am in come situations, but most of the time I love to talk about anything or everything, it just takes me a while to open up in person.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
I see my Dad looking down at me with that endearing smile, telling me he loves me the last time I saw him before he died an hour later.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
Is this a trick question? I'm probably painfully blunt about my true self.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Book book book! The last job I had I was on call 24/7 365. I logged an average of 9000 minutes a month on just the cell phone when I wasn't at the office. I'm SICK of phones!
I would like to pass this award on to:
Bryan over @ nuclearheadache just because he razzed me about radioactive reindeer and messed up my mind with theories of relativity and math and I think it's time he thought about something a little easier for the masses to comprehend! And cuz I'm just evil that way! :)